Through the use of different shapes, colors, and markings, KemKey™ couplings, when used
with an acceptable safety processes, will make the chance of chemical cross-contamination
during transfers virtually impossible.
• KemKey™ couplings are shaped so that each class
of hazardous chemicals has its own shape.
Acids – hexagon; Bases – square;
Reducing agents – heptagon (7 sides)
Oxidizers – variations on the pentagon;
Poisons (biocides, herbicides, pesticides, etc.)
– nonagons (9 sided),
Non-hazardous – oval
• KemKey™ couplings have specific colors so that every
class of hazardous chemicals will have its own color.
Acids – orange; Bases – blue; Oxidizers – yellow;
Poisons – purple; Reducers – green; Non-hazardous – teal
• KemKey™ coupling have markings on both the male
and female ends that say exactly what the particular fitting
is designed to transfer.
• KemKey™ will work with each customer to verify that an
acceptable safety process is in place to make sure the entire
process is as safe as possible.
• KemKey™ couplings have the correct seals for the class of
chemical installed when they ship to make sure there are no
questions about the seal compatibility.
• KemKey™ seals are the most technologically
advanced seals available on the market.
Virtually all water-soluble chemicals as well as some
All chemicals that pass through a polypropylene KemKey™
fitting should be compatible with polypropylene. It is the
users responsibility to verify that the fitting is acceptable for
the chemical being transferred.
KemKey™ fittings are made of polypropylene that is
reinforced with 30% fiberglass. When customers are
verifying chemical compatibility always refer to
polypropylene compatibility tables. Current available sizes
are 1” and 2” NPT female thread fittings.
KemKey™ fittings are designed to meet or exceed
all specifications of standard cam-locking fittings.
Therefore, it is recommended that you never exceed
125 psi on the fittings.
Maximum pressure — 125 psi at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
Temperature range — 0 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit
KemKey™ fittings have been tested by an independent
testing company to compare the new design with
standard cam-lock fittings.
KemKey™ fittings met or exceeded the performance of the
standard cam-lock fitting in all tests. KemKey™ fittings
held approximately twice the water pressure of the
standard cam-lock fitting before leakage.
KemKey™ fittings withheld an average of 8 times the
vertical torque before the seal broke and the fitting
began to leak.
The KemKey™ fittings broke (were destroyed) at an
average of 3 times the vertical torque of the standard
KemKey™ fittings are guaranteed for 5 years from date of
purchase. If the fittings fail due to any manufacturing flaw
contact KemKey™ and it will be replaced at no cost.
KemKey™ cam arms are guaranteed not to break.
If a cam arm breaks during normal use, contact KemKey™
and a new cam will be shipped to you free of charge.
Properties of PVDF
• wide temperature range: -40°C up to maximum 140°C .
short-term, sustained operating temperature: 95°C.
• self-extinguishing according to UL 94-VO
• excellent mechanical properties,
i.e. high tensile and high impact strength
• light weight
• easily fabricated
• excellent insulating and electrical properties
• excellent abrasion resistance and weathering resistance
• low coefficient of friction
• excellent chemical resistance, especially
with acids and solvents, even at high temperatures
• low permeability
• non-toxic, food (FDA) approved
• PVDF pipe may be connected to metal pipe with standard ttings
General properties of polypropylene
Polypropylene exhibits thermal stability up to 100°C (short- term 120°C for drainage systems).
Polypropylene also shows good impact strength, improving further along with increasing temperature.
Polypropylene is physiologically non-toxic (in accordance with ONORM B5014, Part 1, FDA, BGA,
and KTW guidelines) making it ideally suited for a piping material in contact with potable water.
• Low specific weight of 0.91g/cm3
• High long term creep resistance
• Excellent chemical resistance
• High resistance to thermal ageing
• Outstanding welding characteristics
• Excellent abrasion resistance
• Smooth internal surfaces
• Maximum operating temperature 90 degrees C
• Minimum operating temperature – 10 degrees C
The chemical resistance of polypropylene is considered excellent. It is resistant to dilute (aqueous) solutions of salts, acids and alkalis and to a large number of organic solvents.
Polypropylene is resistant to concentrated hydrochloric acid and hydrofiuoric acid, however above certain concentration levels difiusion can occur.
This does not damage the material itself but it can cause secondary damage to surrounding steel constructions. In this type of application, double containment piping systems have been found ideally suited.